Vivekananda Vidyavardhaka Sangha Puttur ® (Formerly known as Puttur Education Society ®) was established in 1915. The leading philanthropists took interest in establishing VVS. The first educational institution was established in 1916- a Secondary School. In 1965 Vivekananda College of Arts, Science and Commerce was established. Now there are twenty four educational institutions sponsored by Vivekananda Vidyavardhaka Sangha Puttur ®. One among them is Vivekananda Teacher Training Institute. It was established in 2004.